Thursday, February 22, 2018

Turn Around Is Fair Play



Adella begged me to get out my Easter bunnies. A little early, but it did not take much for Adella to persuade me, especially when she is here to help. Half the fun is seeing her and Marshall's excitement.

So Adella and Marshall played with the bunnies, arranged them throughout the house, and had an Easter egg hunt. (Somehow Adella, who hid them the eggs, found most of them.) After Adella neatly arranged all the Beanie Babies bunnies on the stairs, Marshall came along and pushed them all down. She was not very happy. 

"Marshall," she scolded. "It took me a long time to put these bunnies up."

I laughed. Turn around is fair play. For the past three years, it has been she who has pushed those bunnies down. In fact, she is the one who has taught him to push the bunnies (and the Halloween cats, spiders and ghosts, and the Christmas bears) off the stairs. Usually it is the first thing they do when they come to Granma's house.

Maybe this year, someone will help me put the bunnies back.







No comments: